You are the creator of this year's Sapporo Snow Festival!
Thank you for all the entry
entry are now closed.
Entry requirements: Photos of visits to past Sapporo Snow Festivals featuring the snow sculptures and attractions. Photos that feature the fun, beauty, and power of the Sapporo Snow Festival.
Entry requirements: Photos featuring the unique charms of the winter wonderland in Sapporo and all over Hokkaido such as tourist attractions, out-of-the-way spots, natural scenery, and wildlife.
Entry requirements: Photos that feature fun in the snow in Sapporo and all over Hokkaido, including sports, activities, and snowmen.
- Please post photos of activities, etc. at the Snow Festival in the ❶ Snow Festival Memories Category.
How to Enter
When posting on Instagram and Twitter
Follow the Sapporo Snow Festival official account.
Post your photo with the following 2 hashtags.
Use the #sapporosnowphotofest for all photos posted.
Choose the category of your photo from the following and add the applicable hashtag.
Add the following information to your post.
Confirm the Entry Rules and post the photo on your social media account.
- An Instagram or Twitter account is required to enter.
- Please confirm the Entry Rules before posting. Posting your photo means you agree to the Entry Rules.
- Please set your social media account and profile to public before submitting your entry. If your account is private, you will not be eligible to enter the Contest.
- Only one photo per entry is allowed (However, you may enter as many times as you like).
When entering via the website entry form
Fill in the required information on the entry form.
Upload the image from the entry form.
◎ Image size: 5MB or less
◎ File format: JPEG
Check the "I agree to the Entry Rules" box after reading the Entry Rules.
Click the "Submit" button.
- Photos that feature the charms of Sapporo and other places in Hokkaido in winter.
- Photos that make people in Japan and overseas want to visit Sapporo and other places in Hokkaido in winter.
- Photos that have a cheerful and uplifting feel to them.
Display of Submitted Entries
- Submitted photos that meet the above judgment criteria will be posted on the official website of the Sapporo Snow Photo Festival. We may also share some of the submitted photos on the official Sapporo Snow Festival Instagram and Twitter accounts. Please note that we will not publish any photos that are considered to be in violation of the entry requirements and Entry Rules.
Awards & Prizes
- Sapporo Mayoral Award (1 entry)
* Includes 50,000yen QUO Card
- Sapporo Snow Festival Executive Committee
Chairperson Award (1 entry)
* Includes 30,000yen QUO Card
- Sapporo Snow Festival Executive Committee
- There are also other prizes to be won!
- We will not accept any inquiries related to the selection process.
- Entries cannot be the same or similar photos to those that have been or will be entered in other contest, and must not have won a prize in any other Contest in the past.
- For entries showing the likeness of a third party or entries by a third party other than the entrant, all entries that include private information or copyrighted materials must have prior permission and approval from said holder of the rights to the photo (person with ownership of the photo) to enter the Contest and to be used by the Administrative Office.
- Any and all matters arising from infringements or potential infringements on rights of likeness, intellectual property rights, copyrights, publicity rights, or other rights of third parties by the entry shall be handled by the entrant at their own expense and responsibility, and the Administrative Office shall not be involved in any way.
- The Administrative Office shall not be responsible for any damages incurred by the entrant or any third party due to the use of the submitted entry.
- All rights, including copyrights, must belong to the entrant at the time the entry is submitted.
- Regardless of whether the entry is awarded or not, the entrant agrees that the submitted entry may be used free of charge for an unlimited period of time in web media, mass media, official social media accounts, and press releases for mass media.
Announcement of Winning Entries
Please read the Entry Rules before entering the Contest.
Inquiries about the Sapporo Snow Photo Festival (Japanese only)
Administrative Office: Novello
10:00-17:00 January 19 (Tue) - March 12 (Fri), 2021 (excluding weekends and national holidays)
*Responses may take time or not be possible depending on the inquiry.
*Communication charges are the responsibility of the entrant.